Monday, February 28, 2011

Never fear - I'm still here!

I am midway through cycle 3 now and still consistently losing weight. Not as much as with Cycle 1, or even 2 but I am losing an average of 1.5 pounds a week. Every week there IS a loss which is encouraging. I am being more loose with the rules but still losing. I am sure if I was much more diligent I'd be losing more than 1.5 a week.

However... I am down just about 30 pounds now and feeling great! My weight starts with a ONE again!!!!!! That has not been the case since before Donovan was born. It's so exciting to see that on the scale.

My Crohn's is flaring a bit so this week I have had to do bland foods (and done some easy to digest white breads) and no fruits/veggies but I am hopeful it'll pass soon and I can get back on track. Even with that setback, I still lost 2 pounds this week which is fantastic.

I actually look forward to eating this way and really do feel better about myself and my body. It feels so good to have more energy and to be able to run around and play with my son. The Crohn's thing is definitely hard to manage when there is a flare because the foods that don't bother me are no-no's on the plan. Things like white rice, white breads... anything super easy to digest. The only saving grace is that I don't feel well enough to eat a lot of it so it's OK. Also... I am finding I don't like the taste of those things as much! I'd prefer to eat my wheats,  fiber one cereal and oatmeal - more flavor!! My flare seems to be toning down though and I should be back on track this week.

Here is my progress so far!

1 comment: