Friday, May 10, 2013

Let's talk willpower

I have heard people say to me "Wow, you have amazing willpower, I wish I could do that"

You CAN do it! Willpower isn't something that's easy. It's something I struggle with on a DAILY basis. Some days are a lot easier than others and some days... all I want to do is hunker down with a king sized choclate bar, wine and maybe even pizza. While it gets easier to pass on the unhealthy foods.... it's NOT always easy and my willpower isn't something that's just there. I work on it, every day.

Some days I will have one hershey kiss to kill that craving for a king sized bar of yum. And, most times, that little taste of chocolate curbs the craving and I am fine. There are days I slip, or days I allow myself to eat whatever (read: last weekend) but on the day to day... I remind myself of one thing: how will I feel AFTER I eat that giant cheeseburger? Will I feel good? Will I feel good about myself, will I feel physically good? The answer, if you're honest with yourself, is probably not good. Reminding myself of that overly full, greasy, heavy feeling that comes AFTER the part when you're eating... ugh. Feels crappy doesn't it? And the emotional feeling after binging is not so hot either. That's how I keep my willpower when I am thinking about slipping.

The other motivator for me is my weight. Today I woke up at 166.6 and fit into some shorts I have not fit into in... well, I don't even know how long. And no muffin top either so I am not squeezing into them, they actually FIT. Let's face it, I was able to get into them before but if you've got some giant muffin top spilling over the top... just be real - they don't fit you. And it's really not so attractive either. Remember that no one knows that number on the tag except you so, get over it. Besides, those sizes are not standard. Depending on the store, I am anywhere between a 10 and a 14. Who cares? We all look better in clothes that fit.

Today is Day 12 of cycle 1 for me. I usually don't post progress pics until a cycle ends but... I like how I look and love how I feel today so, here it is:


1 comment:

  1. hey nice post meh, I love your style of blogging here. this post reminded me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: Improve Your Willpower .
    keep up the good work friend. I will be back to read more of your posts.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete