Friday, May 3, 2013

My dinner was AMAZING

OMG, it was so good I can't even tell you. All I made was baked chicken but... it was baked chicken awesomeness.

1 lb chicken breast (I used the ones already cut into tenderloins)
1 16 oz can tomatoes
1/2 diced onion
1/2 diced bell pepper
1 T garlic
1T olive oil
1T Tastefully Simple Rustic Herb Seasoning

Preheat oven to 350. In an 8x8 glass baking pan pour tomatoes. Lay chicken on top and cover with seasoning. Cut onion, pepper and garlic and put on top of chicken. Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.

Delicious, filling and on plan :)

Today's Menu:

H2O: IIIIIIIIIII
B: scrambled eggs with scallions, ½ grapefruit, green tea
S: ½ grapefruit
L: Leftover turkey chili w/ ¼ cup ff cheddar, green tea
S: apple
D: baked chicken, broccoli, green tea

OK, so today I was down .2 to 171.6 (-2.6). I am slightly frustrated this time around. When I originally started the 17 day diet, when I was about 226 pounds, I lost 6 pounds in the first 2 days. I know it's because back then it was a drastic change in diet (and I am sure a lot of water weight) whereas this time, it's not a drastic change. This is basically how I usually eat (with non-plan things worked in). I've had a good week so far and 2.6 is a great week's weight loss. I was just hoping to see some of this weight go faster at first. My long term goal is now only 26.6 pounds away and that sounds so very doable. But I was hoping I'd get there fast like I did the last time I did this diet and... I don't think it will.

I will keep track this weekend and be in full disclosure. Tomorrow we're traveling out of state to a birthday party and I am going to bring my water, green tea and make the very best choices possible. It may not be 100% on plan but it will be as healthy a day as I can make it. NO cake, NO alcohol... ugh.

Sunday will be my cheat day. Normally, especially in the first 17 days, I would not have one of these. However, a bunch of the girls and I in town have rented a limo and are going on a local wine tour. This has been planned since before I even decided to restart the diet. There will be wine tasting and a bit of carb eating so I don't get drunk. I already know this day will be a day off plan. I am going to exercise as much will power as I can to not go crazy overboard. I do not want to see my 2-3 pound loss this week go poof. I'll do my tastings, eat a little bit and just enjoy my day without getting stuffed or drunk. At least... that's the plan. I will post how I did though and keep myself 100% accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment