Thursday, January 27, 2011

A good day

As for today - I did well! My loss was not as good as other days, it was a disappointing .2 but I have to look at the big picture and remember I have lost 13.2 pounds in a mere 10 days. That is an average of more than a pound a day and pretty freakin amazing.

I'll tell you, I didn't think I looked any different, until I saw a photo of myself today. I took my son out to play in the snow and realized that my face is SO MUCH thinner. I just LOOK thinner and that was a motivation boost for sure. One look at these photos...

created on: 01/27/11 created on: 01/27/11

...was enough to keep me right on track today. No double chin and my body, even under the winter gear, actually LOOKS THINNER! I am still far from the goal I wish to accomplish but I am happy that I am well on my way to being the healthiest mom I can be for my son. I do NOT want him to grow up with a fat, lazy mom. I want him to be proud of me and to see me as a role model - not as an example of what NOT to be.

I did not have even one small cheat today and feel satisfied with everything I ate. I am now enjoying some herbal tea (no sweetener or anything) and settling in for a relaxing evening with my husband. What will tomorrow bring? Hopefully a nice new loss so I can add to my 13.2! But, if not, I am happy with how I am progressing so far - it feels good to be making this lifestyle change!

No comments:

Post a Comment