Friday, January 21, 2011

Water, water and more water

I'll admit, the hardest part of this diet (besides the no carbs) is drinking so much water. I am NOT a water fan. Never have been... don't expect to be. It's a daily challenge that I never seem to win. I drink a lot of herbal tea throughout the day but not a lot of straight water - something the book stresses. I try but I just can't seem to do it. Crystal light is what I usually do but it's a no-no in the first 17 days. Today I may have found a solution. I was given a SodaStream. This thing ROCKS. Water tastes SO MUCH BETTER when it's carbonated. Plus there are some flavors that make it taste like flavored seltzer. I tried one of those tonight too but I would be totally OK with straight seltzer or adding a little fresh lemon. I really do think this will help me with my water intake and I'll let you know how it goes.

OK, my scale step today: down another 1.2 for a total loss of 8.4 since I started this diet on Monday. AMAZING. I am excited to see what my "official" week loss will be when I weigh in this coming Monday. Seeing the loss happening so fast is so motivating and I really hope I can keep it off. I've even been told I already look like I've lost weight. And... my pants feel better too! I was SQUEEZING into my jeans and it was not comfortable. They feel a lot better today :)

Tomorrow is going to be a challenge. I work on Saturdays and tomorrow is an extra long workday for me. I plan on a nice big healthy breakfast and will go to work with an herbal tea AND a sodastream bottle (1 liter). I'll even bring some cut up veggies as a snack. I'll eat lunch when I get home. It'll be a late lunch but that's OK. It'll be a hard day as I work at Gymboree in the mall and usually I treat myself to an Auntie Anne's pretzel at the end of my shift (sometimes even the yummy lemonade too!) I have to remember - that is one of the many reasons I am overweight right now and it's NOT worth it. I am not even going to go near that part of the mall tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Today I was bad and didn't have any snacks because I was on the go most of the day. I did eat three healthy meals (although no probiotic serving as I am out of yogurt!) Here's the lowdown:

breakfast:
scrambled eggs with salsa
green tea
orange

lunch:
salad (FF ranch and chicken)
green tea

dinner:
turkey lettuce wraps
green tea

No comments:

Post a Comment