Monday, January 17, 2011

My pee is clear

Yep, that's right. I have drank my weight in water, green tea and "teavana" today so I have been to the bathroom  oh, about a million times. I don't think I have EVER been this hydrated. It's been a long time at least since my pee has been clear and we'll leave it at that.

Day 1 has gone quite well! My day consisted of:


Breakfast:
2 eggs scrambled with veggies
green tea

Snack:
apple, white tea

lunch:
salad with chicken (FF ranch) - see photo!
green tea

snack:
greek yogurt

dinner:
chicken with veggies, pepper, oregano, rosemary, thyme, olive oil
green tea

I REALLY don't want to post my weight but in the interest of full disclosure (and this will keep me accountable) my starting weight today was... gasp... 222.6. Ugh, that number makes me feel like crap. Especially since BEFORE the holidays, it was around 213. The book and the forums for the 17 day diet on TheDoctors.com have been quite helpful today.

I feel good about my day today and even have a NSV (non-scale victory) to announce. While waiting for my oil change, the waiting room was filled with doughnuts and cookies that looked pretty damn good. They smelled good too. It was a dieters nightmare in that room. It was tempting. I sat there with my tea and stared at them. I think a cookie actually said "eat me". But, instead of sabotaging myself I took one of the very nice looking apples that was also on the table. I ate my apple, drank my tea and you know what - felt AWESOME about my choice. It tasted good and I didn't feel deprived. Once I had that apple... I was full and had no desire to eat anything else in the room. It was HARD but I did it and felt good about it after. I have had energy today and actually FELT good.

Day 1 down, 16 to go on cycle 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment